Tuesday, November 10, 2015

TopCoder Open 2015 Finals Finals

TopCoder Open 2015 Onsite Semifinal Round is over (problems, results, top 5 on the left, editorial, my screencast - might still be processing). The round turned out to have a beautiful but very hard 1000-pointer, so (in retrospect) the right strategy was to solve the first two problems, and then make sure the solutions are correct, most probably via stress-testing. However, many competitors including myself and tourist hoped to get the 1000, and thus failed to test the 250 and 500 properly. I was lucky that my solutions still passed (thanks to the wishes for luck in comments!), while tourist unfortunately had his 500 solution fail - very sorry for that, and better luck next year.

The five finalists will have the final battle very soon - the Final Round starts in about 45 minutes. The problem values are 250. 600 and 1000. Wish me some more luck :)

No comments:

Post a Comment